The Association of the eight panoramas of Macao selected the landscape that merges the classified area constituted by the Taipa Houses-Museum, the Carmo Church, the Civil Affairs Registry and the two little gardens as one of the eight views of Macao. Especially the Taipa Houses-Museum, which includes five typical green houses with Macanese architectural characteristics of Portuguese Matrix, is considered one of the cultural relics and heritages of the Island.

The Taipa Houses-Museum was built in 1921, which had been the residences for high superiors and Macanese families. In the 80’s, the Tourist Department of Macao (now the Macao Government Tourist Office) bought and recovered them. In late 90’s, the government decided to fully remodel them, recognizing its important architectural value, transforming them into museums and renaming the houses as “Macanese House”, “House of the Islands”, “House of the Portugal Regions”, “Exhibition Gallery” and “House for Reception”. The Taipa Houses-Museum opened to public on 5 December 1999 and is administered by the Civil and Municipal Affairs Bureau.

 
     
© Civil and Municipal Affairs Bureau of Macao S.A.R. All rights reserved